BBC Clifton API JSON data (attn: Martin Powell)

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Fri Dec 1 12:20:56 PST 2017

On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 11:24 +0100, Mike Ralphson wrote:
> As we got shown the door at the forum, I hope it's not too off-topic to post
> this here.

Yes sorry about that. That thread did draw Dinky's ire.

Normally off-topic stuff is just moved to the 'Any other business' sub-forum[0]
in the Off-Topic parent forum (it's down the bottom of the forum homepage).

I know there is a bit of a cross over with these topics sometimes so feel free
to post this sort of thread there. It is welcome, and that group of Off-topic
forums is ignored by Dinky.

Unfortunately it's also ignored by almost everyone else so I would say you're
much more likely to get feedback here on the list with this type of topic :-)

The folks here are great and the forums site has quite a different focus as
really it's aimed at a lot of the 'drive by' support stuff rather than in depth
technical detail or discussion (unless it's s reproducible bug).

The Off-Topic section is a move to give some of the regular visitors over in the
forums a place to expand the discussion, but it's not really a focus of that
place at all. So I guess my message is - no harm in posting to both places if
you wish in the future but here's probably your best bet.