TV Audio Bitrates

tellyaddict tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk
Wed Aug 23 15:49:19 PDT 2017

Hi All,
With 3.02 of GiP, all HVF modes now use 320 kbps audio. The old HLS modes still use only 96 kbps. I'm wondering whether to continue to use hlshd 1280x720 25fps 96kbps streams or whether I should switch to the slightly smaller but higher frame rate and audio bitrate hvfsd 960x540 50fps 320kbps streams. One of the main issues is dropping from true HD to iPlayer HD. Is the 320kbps audio worth the smaller video dimensions? hvfhd is unnecessarily large most of the time for little benefit.

What do people think?