World Service podcast bit rates

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Fri Aug 18 05:55:50 PDT 2017

I used to hear the electronic chattering in the background of Classic FM's MP3 stream (128kbps), it was so intrusive I listened to FM instead even given the difficult reception conditions I had. Analogue hiss was more tolerable. Classic FM seem to have changed their encoding  a couple of years ago, the electronic chattering is gone and their MP3 feed now easily beats my bad FM reception.

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK