New radio PIDs, more than 8 characters - "solved"

C E Macfarlane c.e.macfarlane at macfh.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 08:16:33 PDT 2017

See reply below ...
--
www.macfh.co.uk/MacFH.html

>     The first two google results for "perl regular expression" not good
>     enough for you :-)

I'm sure they would have been, but that wasn't what I searched for.  I
searched for something more precise.

>     BTW, it's Perl or perl, not PERL. Perl is the name of the
>     language, perl
>     is the name of the interpreter.

I'd always understood it to be an acronym, but looking it up in response
your post, acronyms have been applied to it, but after the event, and it's
true derivation seems to have been from a Biblical quote  -  quite
appropriate really, as for arcane-ness of language and difficulty in reading
it's about on a par with The Bible!