Strange CodePage Error in GiP2.99 On XP

Ralph Corderoy ralph at inputplus.co.uk
Thu Aug 3 07:16:17 PDT 2017

Hi Vangelis,

> > Try using "--encoding-console-out cp1252" option
>
>  Of course Ralph is a code wizard, so he could possibly enlighten us
> further, but according to --longhelp, "cp1252" is the value used as a
> default fallback when autodetection fails in the cases of
> --encoding-locale & --encoding-locale-fs

Yes, I just read the help text of those related options and saw the
varying defaults.  `cp1252' is AKA Windows-1252 and I know that's their
extension to ISO 8859-1 so highly likely to be present.  `cp850' I was
unfamiliar with so I guess it got ditched, either by that Windows
version, or Perl's support.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cp850 turns
out to be a predecessor to Windows-1252.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy