April fool or real?

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 08:28:08 PDT 2017

In article <D278BF2BAFD04924BE2D47497A19F7BB at RJCDESK>, RS
<richard22j at zoho.com> wrote:
> >From: Jim web Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2017 13:50

> >I've now had a reply from someone-who-should-know and they said that
> >ATUI as yet the BBC is only committed to a 4 week trial, and may then
> >decide what next.

> >But it is, indeed, a real test project, not an April Fool. So I'll see
> >if I can set up things to do some measurements to help assess the tests.

> The web page says it is there for 6 months.  However it is only one
> short piece of choral music.  I wonder what the BBC is hoping to get
> from it.

Ah. That might explain something. The test is AIUI meant to give us Radio 3
*live* via a flac stream. Not a single prerecorded snippet. Maybe the
'live' is only for a few weeks and the snippet is available for longer. (or
vice versa)?

Jim

--
Electronics  https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm