can I populate the download_history without actualy downloading

Dave Widgery dave.widgery at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 00:03:59 PDT 2016

Hi

Jimmys solution of temporarily modifying the get_player script did
exactly what I wanted.

But in answer to your suggestion.

I use an old notebook running xp to do my downloads, then copy the
files onto a usb disk that I plug directly into my tv. The downloads I
keep I sort into different folders depending on what they are.

But mostly I use it like a video recorder and a lot of things like
quiz programs get deleted again afterwards, therefore I do not have
the downloaded files available.

But even if I did surly it would only error because the file was
there, it still wouldn't add an entry to the download history
therefore it would continue to try to download and error every time
until the bbc stopped making it available.

But I appreciate everyone's suggestions.

Dave