how do i change the ouput recordings file in2 .96

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Sep 4 13:01:14 PDT 2016

On Sun Sep 4 08:30:26 BST 2016, Simon Morgan wrote:

> I use the Windows Web PVR and there you can set up
> the default output folder very simply.
> Look at the "Reco(r)ding" tab, specify the folder
> and save as default.

... Yes, quite right - I do not use the GUI myself,
so did not mention this in my reply - besides, I interpreted
OP's query (which was indeed vague) as a way
to globally reconfigure the default output directory
from the desktop to another disk location...

 Two things to bear in mind:
1. Setting default preferences in the GUI
is actually done by saving browser cookies;
you'd have to be extra cautious not to
inadvertently delete those cookies
(usually through browser settings,
browser extensions or OS wide
"housekeeping/cleaning" apps).

2. GUI prefs are not honoured by the CLI,
in the case one wants to run the CLI for
a fetch (for whatever reason); you'd have to
specify custom --output in your command.
On the contrary, having a custom --output
saved in your user options (as Don first
suggested) means that can be picked up
by the WebPVRManager during recordings...
Just my 2p...

Best regards,
Vangelis.