License question

Chris Marriott skymap62 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:01:44 PDT 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: John Bingham
Sent: Friday, September 2, 2016 2:18 PM
To: artisticforge .
Cc: get_iplayer
Subject: Re: License question

>I read the original post: "Beeb is asking if I have a license now, sigh".
>
>My first thought was that this prevented GiP, and hence my script, from
>working, so I checked it out (on Linux) and didn't find a problem.
>
>I thus deduced that the concern was probably from someone who didn't have a
>license.  Of course, I don't know this to be true and apologise if my
>assumption was incorrect.

The fact that the original poster used the American English spelling
"license", rather than the British English "licence", suggests to me that he
is not resident in the UK, and therefore does not actually require a
licence.

(In British English, "license" is a verb; "license" a noun. American English
uses "license" for both.)

Regards,

Chris