[Get-iPlayer] Re: BBC iPlayer login will be required from 2017

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Sun Oct 2 17:06:37 PDT 2016

On 01/10/16 13:40, David Cantrell wrote:
> Personally I don't understand why anyone would want to listen to *any*
> local radio, but given that some people do, I expect that there exist
> people who want to listen to their local radio station online.

We're not all the same, you know.....

I'm into Soul (especially Northern Soul) music, so I'm interested in any
local radio station that broadcasts "soul". In addition, I was a huge
fan of the offshore radio scene in the 60s and 70s - a number of
ex-offshore DJs have shows on local radio (Roger Day, Keith Skues and
Dave Cash), so I try to catch those as well.

In both cases, I don't give a stuff which local radio stations broadcast
those programmes, so I use a batch file that hunts out programme titles
containing the word "Soul" in the first instance and the presenters'
names in the second.

Alan