TV Cache missing some days

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Fri Nov 18 05:44:56 PST 2016

On 17/11/16 22:48, Vangelis forthnet wrote:
> On Thu Nov 17 14:34:12 GMT 2016, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
>>> you can just add a line to your options file (in Linux it's
>>> ~/.get_iplayer/options)
>>>
>>> nopurge 1
>> Thanks Steve, stops me having to edit GIP every time it gets
>> upgraded! :-)
>
> Hi Alan, you "migratory bird" ! :-)

Hehehe, true! Winter has been knocking on the door here and overnight it
has finally come with a vengeance with snowfalls and roads blocked not
far from here! Can't wait to escape this!

> It is generally advised to users to refrain from accessing and editing
> directly their user-prefs, because syntax errors may occur - while the
> suggestion by Steve is a straightforward one, the "official"
> recommendation is to use the CLI to add/modify/remove custom user
> prefs, using the applicable CLI options. When the CLI is used, GiP
> knows and uses the correct options-file syntax/format to save the user
> specified preference.
>
> The issue pestering you Alan has recently resurfaced in the Support
> Forum,
> https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-1071-post-4883.html
>
> where the approved solution is using the command:
> get_iplayer --nopurge --prefs-add

Sound advice as always.

Unfortunately I can no longer access the forum as I've been banned,
presumably for having the temerity to speak against TWIMBO (Them Who
Must Be Obeyed)! No loss, I don't like rudeness.

*Your forum account is currently banned.* Ban Reason: Enough is enough
Ban will be lifted: Never

get_iplayer forums <https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/index.php>

*get_iplayer forums*
I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access
the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any
questions.

> As ever, my warmest greetings.
> Vangelis.

And back to you dear friend. I'm currently going through the programme
schedules to identify what I wish to record over the coming week on my
Humax and what to download using my GIP batch file! I get into Manila on
Wednesday morning and to Davao in the early evening. We'll spend a few
days there before hitting base late on Saturday! Hopefully no BBC
glitches while I'm on the road! It's going to be a shock accessing the
net at 1Mbps compared to the current 200! Ouch! Take care.

Alan