TV Cache missing some days

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Thu Nov 17 14:48:59 PST 2016

On Thu Nov 17 14:34:12 GMT 2016, Alan Milewczyk wrote:

>> you can just add a line to your options file
>> (in Linux it's ~/.get_iplayer/options)
>>
>> nopurge 1
> Thanks Steve, stops me having to edit GIP
> every time it gets upgraded! :-)

Hi Alan, you "migratory bird" ! :-)

It is generally advised to users to refrain from
accessing and editing directly their user-prefs,
because syntax errors may occur - while the
suggestion by Steve is a straightforward one,
the "official" recommendation is to use the CLI
to add/modify/remove custom user prefs,
using the applicable CLI options.
When the CLI is used, GiP knows and uses
the correct options-file syntax/format to save
the user specified preference.

The issue pestering you Alan has recently
resurfaced in the Support Forum,

https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-1071-post-4883.html

where the approved solution is using the command:

get_iplayer --nopurge --prefs-add

The "--nopurge" switch is described under the
Config Options section of longhelp:

get_iplayer --helplong

As ever, my warmest greetings.
Vangelis.