Setting Locale in UK

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Mar 18 18:14:51 PDT 2016

On Fri Mar 18 14:17:08 GMT 2016, Budge wrote:

> I was having trouble with the website,
> mainly because I couldn't find BBC Scotland.

Hello once again, Alastair!

I neglected to post this in my initial response to your query,
but in your original post you do quote:

674:    Lady Lairds - Episode 2, BBC One Scotland, , default

Even if, at the time, the programme was not downloadable,
the index number could have provided the show's BBC
webpage via the --info (-i) switch.

Of course, since then the index number has changed,
it is now
937:    Lady Lairds - Episode 2, BBC One Scotland, , default
in my own tv.cache, but

get_iplayer 937 -i | findstr pid
 (replace findstr for grep if not on Windows),
=>
pid:            b073mlfh

hence prog's page is:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b073mlfh

(where the availability could be tested).

Just a tip for the future!

Kind regards,
Vangelis.