Should get_iplayer work on windows 10?

Graham Temple (gmail) graham.j.temple at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 12:15:34 PDT 2016

I have got a new computer and installed get_iplayer, transferred over my
history file, and PVR file. So far so good all opens fine (I use the PVR)
but whenever I try and record anything it comes up with a parser error.

The exact messages read:

Recording The Following Programmes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07416hy/doctors-series-17-205-under-my
-roof - -
(http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07416hy/doctors-series-17-205-under-m
y-roof)

Entity: line 1: parser error : Space required after the Public Identifier

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and p
l" readonly="readonly" value="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07416hy.rdf">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and form
.uk/programmes/b07416hy.rdf">Submit Request

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and div
ogrammes/b07416hy.rdf">Submit Request

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and form
es/b07416hy.rdf">Request Whitelist Addition

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and form
ries" value="1003">Request Reclassification

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and div
value="1003">Request Reclassification

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and form
>Reload Website

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: form line 1
and div
t type="button" value="Reload Website" onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and div
on" value="Reload Website" onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and div
lue="Reload Website" onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: form line 1
and div
eload Website" onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and body
ebsite" onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Opening and ending tag mismatch: input line 1
and html
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag form line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag input line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag form line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag p line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag div line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag body line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag head line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Entity: line 1: parser error : Premature end of data in tag html line 1
onclick="location.reload()">

^
Recording complete

get_iplayer Web PVR Manager v2.94, C2009-2010 Phil Lewis - Licensed under
GPLv3

And if I try from the list on the search page by clicking record there I
get:

Recording The Following Programmes

#Fi: Cyfres 3 - Osian (p03kky9f)

INFO Trying to stream pid using type tv
INFO: pid found in cache
Matches:
1:          #Fi: Cyfres 3 - Osian, S4C, , default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
WARNING: Could not parse programme metadata from
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03kky9f.xml

WARNING: No programmes are available for this pid with version(s): default
WARNING: You may receive this message if you are using get_iplayer outside
the UK
Recording complete

I would be very glad of some help as my old machine has to be turned in on
Friday!  I have tried re-installing but to no avail.

Regards

Graham