episode oddity

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Thu Jul 28 08:17:10 PDT 2016

From: Jim web
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:12 PM

>I'd tried twice on the morning after the broadcast. Then a couple of times
>on later days. Got the same "halt after about 2 mins".

>I tried again using the same method yesterday after seeing  a reply here.
>Still stopped. I then tried the

>--type=tv --mode=best

>and this worked OK. This method mentioned RTMPDump but I guess it wasn't
>RTMP as I thought that had ceased (?)

That's interesting.  I have --tvmode best in my preferences and I
used --type tv on the command line, although I gather both are now defaults.
As I have said previously, that caused a HLSHD download, which ran to
completion but for the missing segment 13.  After a few days I gave up with
HLSHD and then used --tvmode flashhd and that downloaded completely using
rtmpdump but it may be it would have failed if I had tried it sooner.

The difference between us seems to be I used --tvmode and you used --mode,
which includes --radiomode.