Disabling television mode

Simon Morgan s.morgan at skm.org.uk
Thu Jul 14 04:17:51 PDT 2016

I read this about being "...plugged in...". Quite bizarre as it is totally unenforceable which makes for bad law. While I seldom use get_iplayer "on the go" I probably would "forget" not to plug into mains. In fact whether this actually applies to programmes downloaded by get_iplayer or just when using iPLayer itself, who knows.
I use get_iplayer in much the same way that I would use a "video" recorder but just cutting out the middleman. However I agree that iPlayer users shouldn't get a free ride and should pay their licence fee as I and most others do. Still good value for money in my opinion.

Rgds
Simon Morgan