hlshd download speeds

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Mon Jul 11 08:59:51 PDT 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: James Scholes
Sent: Monday, July 11, 2016 15:35

>This is probably caused by the switch to using a built-in HLS/DASH
>downloader, rather than FFmpeg.

Sorry, when I said I hadn't changed anything I meant I hadn't changed
anything.   I have not installed the release version of 2.95; I am still
using whichever dev version it was.  I haven't got a Perl editor set up at
the moment, so I can't check the Perl, but if it was using ffmpeg before
Thursday it still must be.  It could be that Virgin Media is throttling it,
but it is a strange coincidence if it has decided to do that just as 2.95
was released.  Also a 20:1 speed reduction seems a bit heavy.  The
explanation that occurred to me was that the HLS servers were now more
heavily loaded.  Has anyone else noticed a difference?