get_iplayer currently broken...

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Jan 15 08:56:55 PST 2016

On Fri Jan 15 11:12:51 GMT 2016, C E Macfarlane wrote:

> I think you're just muddying
> the waters even more.
> We have no reason to believe
> that the problem is anything
> more complicated than ...
> (snip)
> and thus that the rest of your previous post
> and this one beyond this point,
> is just unnecessary noise
> interfering with the above signal.

I am deeply sorry to possibly upset you even more
(and I thought hard about re-posting),
but I still stand by my original post
(and the subsequent clarifications...).

On Windows (I just tested XP, Vista & 7 -
no access to 8+), there's absolutely no need
to add anything in PATH if the executables
are to be found within current directory!
George Eycott's contribution also atests to that fact:
http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/get_iplayer/2016-January/008620.html
I realise now there's no point in me
trying to pursue this further with you,
so I'll put an end to this here;
I created enough "unnecessary noise"
so far, it appears...

> Your posts are usually very helpful,
> but not so much in this case ...

Thanks (... I guess)!

> preferably with a good stiff hot toddy

 Your flu recipes are indeed most welcome;
however I am not a spirits person myself,
so hot cocoa it is for me, then!

Keep always well (and I will, too),
V.