Windows 10

Jon Davies jon at hedgerows.org.uk
Sun Feb 14 10:19:00 PST 2016

On 13 February 2016 at 14:28, Don Grunbaum <don at grunbaum.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Fairly basic question, but I can't find an answer.
>
> I have a brand new Windows 10 PC. I have installed GiP on it and all seems
> well, except when I try to record anything (using the Browser PVR interface)
> I get Recording Complete without any recording having been done, but with a
> command exit code 1.
>
> I know it's pretty basic, but where have I gone wrong?

Likelihood is that you've done nothing wrong - the parts of the BBC
website that get_iplayer uses to find programmes and download them are
all reporting

"This service is currently undergoing a period of downtime for
essential maintenance. Please be advised that the programme
information service which is currently available at this URL will soon
be replaced by a new service from the BBC, at a new set of URLs.
Please contact the following email address for further information:
'programmes-devel at lists.forge.bbc.co.uk'"

So it won't work at the moment.

Since you use Windows, you could always use the BBC's own iPlayer
Downloads app: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/install

Jon