Error free HLSHD

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Aug 26 08:42:56 PDT 2016

On Fri Aug 26 11:28:43 BST 2016, RS wrote:

> I am not at present in a position
> to carry out more thorough tests.
> Could it be that the HLS problem has been fixed?

I consume very little TV, hence my sample links
are probably not representantive of the current status
of the "hls" tvmodes, but yesterday I did fetch two
"Jumbo" related programmes (as I'm an aviation
enthusiast... :-) ).

The first was an archived broadcast
from 1969, pid=p041byzm,

Tuesday Documentary: Jumbo (196908122205)

and --tvmode=hlsvhigh1 produced an error free file
(I saw no real point in fetching hlshd - 720p - mode
of a broadcast originally airing in 1969)!

The second one was pid=b03wtnfv,

Jumbo: The Plane That Changed The World (201402272100)

first broadcast in Feb 2014 but just
repeated again last Tuesday.

I did fetch --tvmode=hlshd1 for that one,
and I was happily surprised there were
no "Segment not found" errors on that one, too!
(not using 2.96 yet, in 2.96 the wording has changed to
"Segment not available from server"
and the download is auto-aborted).

Probably better to wait for more list feedback
from avid TV downloaders, but it appears
things are moving in the right direction;
perhaps too late now to reprocess older
shows, but by the look of things fresh programmes
have higher chances of being error free...

Regards,
Vangelis.