Some presets.

batguano999 batguano999 at zoho.com
Thu Aug 25 19:59:05 PDT 2016

Hi
I have an mp3 player that won't play the m4a files created by get_iplayer so I transcode them with custom command presets.
There's some information about presets in the documentation here --->
https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/documentation#custom-commands

These are the ones that I use...

Find attached the "mp3" preset.
To use it with linux...
put it in the get_iplayer presets folder here ---> /home/user/.get_iplayer/presets/mp3
Then test it...
~$ get_iplayer --preset mp3 <URL>

There are some faster mp3 encoders available, I have had good results with gogo-no-coda.
Find attached the "gogo" preset.
To use it with linux...
put it in the get_iplayer presets folder here ---> /home/user/.get_iplayer/presets/gogo
Then test it...
~$ get_iplayer --preset gogo <URL>

For speech radio I can use low bitrate flac.
Find attached the "flac" preset.
To use it with linux...
put it in the get_iplayer presets folder here ---> /home/user/.get_iplayer/presets/flac
Then test it...
~$ get_iplayer --preset flac <URL>

The files created are "no frills", ie no tags and no artwork.

These presets can probably be tweaked to work with Windows systems.
They will then need to be put in the equivalent preset folder on the C drive (or wherever).