Help with Options with 2.96 Please

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Aug 23 01:47:09 PDT 2016

>> On Behalf Of Budge
> >Sent: 22 August 2016 23:27

>> I have installed 2.96 and read up the notes.  I have a couple of dumb
>> questions on the options with the changed GiP having been quite happy
> >to date with the following prefs:-
> >
> >rtmpdump = /usr/bin/rtmpdump
>  >        thumbsize = 1
>  >       output = /home/alastair/GiP_Recordings
>  >     tvmode = flashhd,flashvhigh,flashhigh,flashstd,flashnormal
> >
> >I have now deleted all of these as I gather from the notes that is what
> >I should do but...

--output is the directory you want the recordings to go to.  As you have
deleted the preference they will go to a default location (you'll have to
ask a Linux user where), which is probably not what you want.

Flash may be deprecated but it does not mean it has been withdrawn.  Until
the problem with HLS is identified and fixed, FlashHD is the only mode which
will give you 1280x720 at 25fps.  You may wish to consider
--tvmode=flashhd,hvfvhigh,flashvhigh,hvfhigh

The default mode in v2.96 is hvfsd which is 960x540 at 50fps.