Update: Progress and puzzles

michael norman michaeltnorman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 03:53:03 PDT 2016

Jim

I have no idea if this helps but I've just installed gip 2.96 and the
latest FFMPEG on Linux Mint 17.3 (from the PPA's)

Trying both the Dads Army Episode and the Gergieve prom with in the
latter case get-iplayer --get 210 tvmode=hlssstd1 I get it in hfdhd1
which works fine here in VLC as as mp4 file. Trying hlshd1 fails.  FWIW
I am quite happy with hfdhd1, I don't know why hls is or might be
better, is it something to do with the sound bitrate ?

Mike