Audio/Video Out of Sync

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Fri Aug 19 03:39:32 PDT 2016

On Fri Aug 19 11:00:47 BST 2016, RS wrote:

>> the end .mp4 file has no loss of sync,
>> MediaInfo and MPC-HC report the file's
>> duration to be 00:24:41 (the same as EAS.aac).
>
> Did you try watching the result?

 Yes I did! Software player was MPC-BE
(MediaPlayerClassic-BlackEdition)

 As reported already, audio stayed in sync with video
throughout the file's duration.

 On the 8 places where there were segments missing,
you could instantly recognise a missing part but, other than
that, the transition was "smooth" and required no
user intervention...

> Wouldn't your method only help
> if the errors were evenly distributed?
> 10% of the content would still be missing.

My "method" was just an experiment -
I never claimed it to be a cure for the original
issue - demuxing elementary streams from
the --raw .ts file and muxing them back into
MP4 (via ffmpeg or MP4Box) will just render
an already downloaded file watchable,
i.e. with A/V in sync, if the watcher actually
doesn't mind a few (depends on file) missing
segments...

Cheers,
V.