Audio/Video Out of Sync

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Fri Aug 19 03:00:47 PDT 2016

>From: Vangelis forthnet Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 15:38

>If I then remux (repackage) the elementary streams to
>the MP4 container:

>ffmpeg -loglevel 8 -stats -i EVS.264 -i EAS.aac -c copy -bsf:a
>aac_adtstoasc ff-remux.mp4

>the end .mp4 file has no loss of sync,
>MediaInfo and MPC-HC report the file's
>duration to be 00:24:41 (the same as EAS.aac).

Did you try watching the result?  I had thought that the complaint was that
because of missing segments audio was lagging behind video.  Last night I
downloaded News at Ten and let ffmpeg repackage it.  There were 14 missing
segments.  As each is 10s that is over 2min altogether, on a 24min
programme.  Would you buy a book with 10% of the pages ripped out?  I found
the problem was the reverse of what I thought.  The audio finished 2min
before the video.  Wouldn't your method only help if the errors were evenly
distributed?  10% of the content would still be missing.

BBC Business Live was a bit better this morning (b07p4t1f) with hlshd1
having missing segments at 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 127.