Audio/Video Out of Sync

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 07:15:23 PDT 2016

In article <55b1856f52web at audiomisc.co.uk>, Jim web
<web at audiomisc.co.uk>
wrote:

> > Example... get_iplayer --mode=hlsstd --type=radio --verbose --force
> > --ffmpeg /home/user/ffmpeg http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07nn8kd

> Excellent! :-)  Thanks very much. I've now built the version of ffmpeg I
> obtained via git this morning. All being well, I'll give this a try
> later today.

I've just tried this and... t'werks! 8-)

I put the current version of ffmpeg at my usual location in userland and
used the --fmpeg option to point to it when doing an hvfhd fetch.

The resulting mp4 file plays nicely with VLC. That *might* be a fluke as
one previous other example did. But it is promising.

However the new ffprobe reports the result as having an aac lc sound
stream. Not he. So it seems to have left something set as being aac lc
despite the actual sound being aac he. Am I misunderstanding something
here?

The new ffprobe when given a ts obtained with -raw tells me the header is
malformed wrt the sound but then gives a lot of errors without telling me
the details. I guess I should tell it to use a longer analysis limit?

Jim