Audio/Video Out of Sync

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 09:33:37 PDT 2016

In article
<trinity-5916dbab-3bc9-4980-985b-618b8d297d06-1471450203274 at 3capp-mailcom-bs04>,
   tellyaddict <tellyaddict21 at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> Great so now the programmes are mostly made up of missing segments.
> Hopefully this shows they are trying to do something to the servers to
> fix this issue. Whatever they have done so far though appears to have
> had the opposite effect.

> @jim Do you have any info on what the problem is or what's being done
> about it?

Afraid the info I have is limited. But it makes clear that the BBC realise
there *is* a problem with the hls segmentation and that Akamai are said to
have a fix which is supposed to be being put in place. However I'd have
thought that would happen today. Might be my misunderstanding, though.

What I don't know is if they haven't actually carried this out yet, or if
the problems need flushing though in some way. I've reported that people
still have the problem. With luck I'll hear more tomorrow... or the fix
will be in place and work.

A problem here is that I'm just one stage of a 'pass the parcel' when it
comes to this. IIUC The fix isn't one the BBC themselves are doing, but
someone else who is responding to them.

Jim