Audio/Video Out of Sync

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Tue Aug 16 08:39:33 PDT 2016

If you are using OS/X I can't comment because I have never used it.  A quick
Google search for OS X network problems makes me glad I don't use it.

There are lots of things which may be slowing your network down.  Have you
moved the WiFi channels away from the defaults to reduce interference?  The
most likely cause, despite denials, is throttling by your ISP.

I used to be very sceptical about the BBC's claims to have ample bandwidth
until I moved to Virgin Media.  Earlier in the year I started using the 2.95
dev version of get_iplayer and was astonished by the speed of its native HLS
reader.

Even if you are right that get_iplayer is slowing your network, the great
joy of get_iplayer is that it can be run when your machine and your network
are not doing anything else.