Audio/Video Out of Sync

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sun Aug 14 15:52:33 PDT 2016

>From: RS Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2016 23:31

>There is also a link to a blog.

The blog I referred to is well worth a read, although it's a year old.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/e2428e08-7e8b-4617-8d39-244e482b8895

It says,"A key to making this work was a switch to chunked HTTP video
formats. We already use these for our live streams and with this change all
new content will only be available via chunked HTTP distribution. That is
HDS (HTTP Dynamic Streaming), to replace the current RTMP for Flash based
players, HLS (HTTP Live Streaming) for iOS and other connected devices."

There is no suggestion there that HLS is a legacy product.