Audio/Video Out of Sync

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 07:50:17 PDT 2016

In article <4C29776002E74A67945930E970693176 at RJCDESK>, RS
<richard22j at zoho.com> wrote:
> For testing or if there are problems I prefer to specify the precise
> --tvmode I want HLSHD, HLSvhigh FlashHD, Flashvhigh HVFHD, HVFSD,
> HVFvhigh

is there a list showing which of these give what actual resolutions and -
where relevant - what limit there is on 'supplier'?

What are the optimum choices here if I want 1280x720? Or is this a matter
of experiment?

My main problem wrt experimenting is that I tend to aim at doing tv
fetching before 9am when also preparing breakfast. I avoid doing too much
of this during the day to avoid clocking up too much accumlated data count
against my 'cap'. So it helps if, in the morning, I have a clear plan of
campaign before I start. This morning I just wanted the programme for us to
watch later on.

BTW my impression is that there are actually more than two output-facing
servers. Yet here we only talk of akamai and limelight. Do the two name
cluster together more than one actual server system, or is something
missing? ...Or is this something mortal man is not meant to know? 8-]

BTW2 I only tried each method once this morning, although one did have
retries set to twice I think. I'll need to check when  get access to the TV
again. SWMBO is currently watching something using it.
I'll try again when I get a chance to see if I can get the 1280x720
version.

Jim