Audio/Video Out of Sync

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Fri Aug 12 07:19:05 PDT 2016

For testing or if there are problems I prefer to specify the
precise --tvmode I want
HLSHD, HLSvhigh
FlashHD, Flashvhigh
HVFHD, HVFSD, HVFvhigh

best and better are fine for stable conditions, and they have the advantage
that you are specifying the highest resolution you want, with fallback to a
lower resolution if the highest is not available.

You do need to bear in mind that the equivalence of best and better can
change between versions of get_iplayer.  If I've understood correctly, in
v2.94 best was FlashHD , but in v2.95 it is HLSHD. I think the default also
changed from better to best.