Olympics Might be hvf Only

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Tue Aug 9 05:29:18 PDT 2016

On Tue Aug 9 13:00:16 BST 2016, RS wrote:

> I thought at first I was going to have the same error
> with your --pid-recursive suggestion.
> It was trying large numbers of pids
> and saying No media streams found.

"b00cmh3v" is the "brand pid" of all
Olympic Equestrian programmes the beeb
might've made available in the past;

get_iplayer --pid=b00cmh3v --pid-recursive -i

will print all the episodes mentioned at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cmh3v/episodes/guide

For 2016 Olympics, you could've used
the 2016 series pid p040pyx0, i.e. shows mentioned at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p040pyx0/episodes/guide

(I was lazy in my first reply and didn't search
for 2016 series pid).
That page suggests there'll be a total of 12 shows
uploaded for catch-up, of which 3 are already
available via:

get_iplayer --pid=p040pyx0 --pid-recursive --tvmode=hvfvhigh2

(--pid="p041yyt6,p042227v,p0424zw4")

> It didn't find the third one, yesterday's cross-country,
> but it may be that it takes a day or so to be made available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0424zw4 =>

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0424zw4/olympic-equestrian-eventing-crosscountry

IS ALREADY AVAILABLE on the iPlayer,
hence GiP - it is my belief THAT pid is already
in your download history, as a result of your
previous downloading experiments! Use

get_iplayer --pid=p0424zw4 --tvmode=hvfvhigh2 --force

to redownload the whole lot!

Best regards,
Vangelis.