Audio/Video Out of Sync

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Sat Aug 6 09:42:49 PDT 2016

On 06/08/16 16:10, Jim web wrote:

>> I've used --modes=flash that seems to have done the trick this time,
>> no issues with the downloads. So back to the pre-2.95 download method,
>> it's a shame, the HLS versions download much much faster.
>

> Hence the situation so far seems to be getting worse rather than better,
>

> Jim

I have a very stable 200Mbps connection so I decided to test just how
bad the situation actually is. Overnight I carried out a download of 124
sample programmes drawn from BBC's One, Two and Four which were
broadcast between Monday and Friday. Of this sample, only 63 were
downloaded without fault (60 hlshd, 3 hlsvhigh). The remaining 61 had at
least one segment missing (58 hlshd, 3 hlsvhigh). A dreadful situation.