Audio/Video Out of Sync

Jim web web at audiomisc.co.uk
Sat Aug 6 08:10:59 PDT 2016

> I've used --modes=flash that seems to have done the trick this time,
> no issues with the downloads. So back to the pre-2.95 download method,
> it's a shame, the HLS versions download much much faster.

Just to report/confirm I'm continuing to keep getting early termination of
fetches using hls. This now seems to happen more often that not.

However if I use --type=tv --mode=best then, as before, I get reliable
fetches, albeit slower. (As before, this gets the 'flash' best hd1 it can
find, and RTMPDump gets an honourable mention. :-) )

Hence the situation so far seems to be getting worse rather than better,
although I continue to be able to get the required coconuts by the
alternative method available.

Might the problems be due to something the BBC has done for the Lumpits?
The problems started before the added loading that presumably places on
their systems.

Jim