Olympics Might be hvf Only

RS richard22j at zoho.com
Sat Aug 6 02:50:01 PDT 2016

From: tellyaddict
Sent: Saturday, August 6, 2016 00:13

> Dinky has pointed out on the forum that Olympics coverage might only be
> available using hvf streams.

> He has created a topic about this here:
> https://squarepenguin.co.uk/forums/thread-982.html

Thanks for the link.

As for downloading from the iPlayer, my experience has been that only the
main channels are put on iPlayer,  and that red button streams are only
available while the live event is being shown on a red button channel.  That
experience is limited because my main interest is equestrian events.  There
are usually only two a year shown, Badminton and Burghley.  BBC2 shows 2
hours of highlights on the Sunday afternoon and that is subsequently
available on iPlayer.  There is also 6 hours of red button coverage of the
cross-county on the Saturday afternoon, but the pid for that becomes
unavailable when the coverage ends.  I am assuming something similar will
apply for the Olympics, and the only opportunity to record the red button
coverage will be while it is being transmitted.