episode oddity

artisticforge . artisticforge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 08:43:02 PDT 2016

hello

I run into premature terminations several times a week. I chalk them
up to 'Internet Hiccups'. Restart and everything is fine.

Remember Occam's Razor:
"Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions
should be selected." or paraphrased: "The simplest answer is normally
the correct answer." or "The simplest answer is normally the best
answer."

"Hiccups" explain many things. ;-)

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 9:54 AM, Jim web <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> I encountered this problem again this morning. This time for two programmes
> with the pids b0085b0s and b07n2hmt. As before my usual hls fetch method
> ended prematurely without gip reporting any actual errors. But using
>
> --type=tv --mode=best
>
> then worked for both. Albeit rather more slowly than my using method.
>
> I'm currently using the linux gip (Jan develop version 2.95) Should the
> current release version accept the same options? I'll get it and give it a
> try, but am wondering if I'll need to change the way I specify getting the
> best hdtv via hls.
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Electronics  http://www.st-and.ac.uk/~www_pa/Scots_Guide/intro/electron.htm