Radio 2 50s

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sun Apr 17 11:39:45 PDT 2016

On Sun Apr 17 13:36:01 BST 2016, Don Grunbaum wrote:

> I tried adding the equivalent command to the pvr,
> but (for me) the pid recursive doesn't work.

Hi again, Don :-)

 Much like Howard, I do not use the Web PVR Manager
(GUI), except for testing things...
When you said you tried adding the "equivalent command"
to the "pvr", what did you actually do?
In the above context, does "pvr" = "Web PVR Manager"
or were you actually trying to set up a PVR job?

The "Quick URL" input field of the GUI does not accept,
I'm afraid, the "--pid-recursive" switch :-(

> Anybody else had any success with
> that option within the pvr?

If you want to create a PVR job for brandPID=p03lsql7
you can do so via the CLI:

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p03lsql7 --pid-recursive --modes=best --pvr-add="ONCE_BBC_Radio_2_50s"

(Notice the prefix "ONCE_" in the PVR search's name,
because this is a pid related PVR job.)

If you're using the GUI, then selecting the "PVR List" tab
you'll see that "ONCE_BBC_Radio_2_50s" has been added
to the list. Tick that PVR search and then hit tab button
"Run PVR" to manually initiate the downloads via the GUI;
or you can use the "Run PVR Scheduler Now" shortcut to
fetch at a later time (or use the CLI:

get_iplayer --pvr-single="ONCE_BBC_Radio_2_50s")

As suggested by Graham, once you have downloaded
everything you wanted, disable/delete the PVR job
through the GUI or CLI.

Hope I've helped,
Best regards from 27 Celsius Greece!
Vangelis.