Radio 2 50s

Vangelis forthnet northmedia1 at the.forthnet.gr
Sat Apr 16 18:37:32 PDT 2016

On Sat Apr 16 23:34:34 BST 2016, Howard Orgel wrote:

> (It is not necessaryto precede the URL with "--url ".
> You can, if you want, but it works quite happily without,
> and I like to keep the command line as short as possible.)

... as short as possible =>

get_iplayer --type=radio --pid=p03lsql7 --pid-recursive

> The URL was copied and pasted from the
> "Radio 2 50s Available Now" page

The pid contained therein is called a "brand" PID

>> The temporary station doesn't show up in the web PVR.
>> Are the stations "hard-coded"?
>
> Yes.

... BTW, if anyone's interested in streaming / recording
the live stream of BBC Radio 2 50s via GiP, the pid is
"bbc_radio_two_fifties"
So, to capture an hour's worth of the live stream you'd use:

get_iplayer --type=liveradio --pid=bbc_radio_two_fifties --modes=best --force
 --file-prefix="BBC_Radio_2_50s_<dldate>_<dltime>" --stop 3600

AppleHLS streams are used; the --file-prefix switch
is necessary because GiP doesn't know the name of the
pop-up radio station corresponding to specified pid...
The command will record 320kbps AAC LC in the UK
and 96kbps HE-AACv1 elsewhere...

Best regards,
Vangelis.