Outlook Express 6 on WinXP and this list

Owen Smith owen.smith at cantab.net
Wed Apr 6 16:27:25 PDT 2016

I too found the "get yourself a real computer" offensive. Yes some people make life hard for themselves unnecessarily, but others have little choice in what they run for various reasons. Why should someone who's XP computer does want they want spend time, effort and money upgrading it? OK linux is free, but maybe they're unable to learn to use, don't have the time, or have software they need to use which only runs on Windows or even just XP.

I used to write email software for a living, including RFC-822 etc. The golden rule was "be conservative in what you originate, and generous in what you accept". This mailing list clearly violates the latter half and I suggest it violates the first half too the way it handles replies.

I run Vista on my PC. How soon before I'm told to get a real computer? I need Windows for some software, I already have Vista, why should I spend money on something else?

--
Owen Smith <owen.smith at cantab.net>
Cambridge, UK