Request for BBC Contact - OT

S Byers s_byers666 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 02:18:45 PDT 2016

So the dearth of available BBC material overseas for ex-pats and others encourages sharing and trading. No surprises there.

Yet the Beeb's response is to close the international iPlayers, close the online Shop and geo-block the Store.

Regarding older programmes (many wiped) it issues Take Down Orders to OTR sites, it enforces by legal threats the closure of torrent sites like RadioArchive and TB, and wastes millions in an abortive digitisation project of what archives it has.

Many episodes of series and programmes are missing. Offers of copies of these are refused.

Yet the demand is there and it is met by the sharing technologies of the day. No surprises there.

SB