Request for BBC Contact - OT

Andy Gascoigne andy.gascoigne at me.com
Wed Apr 6 00:29:59 PDT 2016

Couldn't agree more. I spent over 8 years in the Cayman Islands, which in
turn supplied only said US channels (even the technical quality of the "HD"
broadcasts looks like some throwback to 1982). Given Cayman is a British
Overseas Territory with thousands of Brit ex-pats living there, you'd think
the beeb would be interested when I approached them with a large group of
people willing to trial a paid overseas subscription model (which if
successful could be replicated in many larger markets).

I just received a curt "not interested" response. They didn't even want to
engage. GiP was my saving grace.

It seems that the commercial aspect of the BBC is just devoid of ideas, or
maybe it's the legacy it can't shake? Having now returned to the UK I still
use selective downloading as my way of watching TV (I highly recommend
"Plex" BTW). I find the current plethora of UK TV channels is heading the
"American way", with dozens of channels showing not an awful lot.

In terms of technical ability and broadcasting content, the BBC is way ahead
of the curve, but I fear for the future of it (especially given the recent
round of budget cuts). It has such an opportunity here, sadly I do not think
it has the means - nor the appetite - to grasp it.

Andy