The Battle Of Britain At 75

Kenny Routledge kennyroutledge at msn.com
Thu Oct 1 11:37:36 PDT 2015

> What is the actual cmd line to grab the HD version please?
>
> I'm using get_iplayer --tvmode=hlshd --output=F:\iPlayer --pid=p0332j3h which fails.
>Nearly
 there. What you are trying to do there is use a VPID (Video PID) with
the PID switch which won't work. 1 PID can have a number of different
VPIDs. Signed, audio described and standard versions will all have their
 own VPID but we don't need to use the VPIDs as GiP works all those out
for itself.

>You need to use the PID that appears in the programmes web address which in this case is b06ckvws

>Using
 that PID with the rest of your command as it is should work. You will
see it skipping the standard programmes to get to the one that does have
 HD available.

Brilliant, works a treat.

Sorry, one more question that someone has asked before but not got an answer

Is there a way of checking if the HLS downloads have retried midstream, RTMP give a retry response,
then I would start a fresh download as otherwise there will be glitch in the file.

With HLS, I'm downloading, renaming the downloaded file and then downloading a
2nd time. If the two file sizes are identical then I know the download
is clean.