Problems getting TV and Radio index feeds

SquarePenguin getiplayer at squarepenguin.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 02:04:14 PST 2015

On 30/11/2015 05:38, Alan Milewczyk wrote:
> Don't know if anyone else is having these symptoms, but since around
> midnight UK, I've been experiencing problems refreshing both TV and
> Radio index feeds.

I was using the actual iPlayer site last night around this time and it
was having some issues. Streaming had been a bit flaky all evening but
after mignight loading quite a few of the BBC's sub-sites (news, sport,
iplayer etc etc) timed out or took the better part of 40 seconds.

One particular part that seemed to be going slow for me was
fig.bbc.co.uk serving a fig.js file. It's still loading slowly in some
circumstances.

Not sure that in particular would affect get_iplayer but it's perhaps
indicative of a wider issue. I guess it's possible that they were simply
having issues their end or some network inbetween us and them was.