Flashhd failing Mountain Episode 1 pid=b007vq5s

Computing computing at windcheetah.org.uk
Tue Mar 10 14:13:12 PDT 2015

OK here goes:

GiP version 2.91

Command get_iplayer 1993 --playlist-metadata --get --force
get_iplayer v2.91, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
   conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
1993:	imagine...: Winter 2009 - 1. The Year of Anish Kapoor, BBC,
Arts,Arts Culture & the Media,Factual, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2
modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: imagine...: Winter 2009 - 1.
The Year of Anish Kapoor
INFO: File name prefix =
imagine__Winter_2009_-_1._The_Year_of_Anish_Kapoor_b00p00f2_default

RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              2997.08
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   width                 832.00
INFO:   height                468.00

Download is slow, but that might just be my internet connection.

get_iplayer 1993 --get --force
get_iplayer v2.91, Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Phil Lewis
   This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use
--warranty.
   This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under
certain
   conditions; use --conditions for details.

Matches:
1993:	imagine...: Winter 2009 - 1. The Year of Anish Kapoor, BBC,
Arts,Arts Culture & the Media,Factual, default

INFO: 1 Matching Programmes
INFO: Using 'iplayer' version as default
INFO: Checking existence of default version
INFO: flashvhigh1,flashvhigh2,flashhigh1,flashhigh2,flashstd1,flashstd2
modes will be tried for version default
INFO: Trying flashvhigh1 mode to record tv: imagine...: Winter 2009 - 1.
The Year of Anish Kapoor
INFO: File name prefix =
imagine__Winter_2009_-_1._The_Year_of_Anish_Kapoor_b00p00f2_default

RTMPDump v2.4
(c) 2010 Andrej Stepanchuk, Howard Chu, The Flvstreamer Team; license: GPL
Connecting ...
INFO: Connected...
Starting download at: 0.000 kB
INFO: Metadata:
INFO:   duration              2997.08
INFO:   moovPosition          36.00
INFO:   width                 832.00
INFO:   height                468.00
INFO:   videocodecid          avc1
INFO:   audiocodecid          mp4a
INFO:   avcprofile            77.00
INFO:   avclevel              31.00
INFO:   aacaot                2.00

Again, download is slow.

It would appear not to make any difference if you use the
--playlist-metadata switch.

Martin

On 08/03/15 18:34, tellyaddict wrote:
>> Thanks for clearing that up, but does it upset GiP if you put the
>> --playlist-metadata switch on all the cli --get commands??
>> Martin
>
> I've only used it where programmes have failed so I'm not sure if you will get problems if you always apply it to the command. Try it and see.
>
> The reason the new method is now used instead of the playlists though is because it became unreliable after the BBC started changing things last year. So without --playlist-metadata is probably recommended.

Please can you join the campaign
<https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/save-weekly-72-72a-bus-to-keswick>
to save the weekly bus to Keswick.