No categories in tv.cache file

Dave Liquorice allsorts at howhill.com
Thu Jun 11 16:13:14 PDT 2015

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 00:21:53 +0200, tellyaddict wrote:

>> Just noticed that the categories field in the tv.cache file is empty for
>> all entries. Is this intentional, a by product of the BBC's changes or
>> just accidentaly dropped on the floor?
>
> Unfortunately category's are now gone. This is due to the loss of the ION
> feeds we were using. The schedule feeds that GiP now uses doesn't include
> this information.

Gone due to the feeds going, OK I understand that but the BBC is still using
them, at least as a form of index:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/genres

So the data is there, somewhere...  B-)

> You might want to have a read of the release notes for details of what's
> now changed https://squarepenguin.co.uk/wiki/releasenotes/release293/

Ta, I'll have a read. I run GIP on a Pi and as it hadn't had a
update/upgrade cycle for a while I thought I'd do that before upgrading GIP.
But the update/upgrade did it for me so I had no need to wander off looking
for things.  B-)

I also add my thanks to those already expressed by others for the rapid
response to the changes and getting a new version out so quickly. Excellent
work, thank you.

--
Cheers
Dave.