tv series not in (my) cache (with v2.93)

Alan Milewczyk alan at soulman1949.com
Fri Jun 5 06:11:46 PDT 2015

On 05/06/2015 13:38, tellyaddict wrote:
>> Grrrr, should have read M Clark's e-mail more closely... I *am* running
>> version 2.94. I forgot we'd had two updates in 24 hours!
>>
>> I have a batch file that downloads the programmes on my list for each
>> day. I usually do a catch up check at the end of the week to make sure
>> I've not missed anything I wanted, fortunately the e-mail alerted me to
>> the problem early. Still don't know why my version 2.94 didn't pick them
>> up automatically but anyway downloading by URL did the job.
> Springwatch Unsprung isn't broadcast on TV apart from the episode every Wednesday. The rest of the Unsprung episodes are red button. Springwatch Extra is also red button and I don't think red button content is in the TV Listings feed that we are now having to use.
>
> So at least for now these are going to have to be set off by PID or URL.

Until now my batch file has picked up the items:

set $textFile="F:\0-tvdl\tv.txt"
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('type %$textFile%') do get_iplayer --type=tv
--tvmode=best --get %%a

I have a text file (tv.txt) that is a list of that day's programmes to
be downloaded, e.g.:
==tv-0605-fri
==bbcone
"the box"
"pointless"
==bbctwo
"mary berry"
"kate humble"
==bbcfour
"pop go the sixties"
==

So the batchfile reads the contents of the textfile and executes the
download where appropriate. The batchfile is set on a timed repeat
(every x hours). Up to now it's picked up anything that's listed in the
text file as needing to be downloaded. This time it's missed the items
mentioned by M Clark. So, as you say, it's a PID or URL task now!

I used to use the PVR for most of my downloads but that clogged up
entries that might only be used a few times (or even once) and, in any
case, I sometimes found that, for some inexplicable reason, the PVR
didn't download a programme in the list.  So I use my batchfiles as,
that way, I can keep better control of what's happening.

Regards

Alan