GiP v2.93 / 2.94- snafus

J K.Eason mail at john-eason.co.uk
Thu Jun 4 04:14:00 PDT 2015

 I have a desktop shortcut with the following target line in it:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /k get_iplayer.cmd --type=radio --tree >
"C:\<required destination path>\Radio.txt"

(Above all on one line with '<required destination path>' replaced by
your required location, of course)
That runs GiP and produces a formatted text file 'radio.txt' with the
list of new programs since last update followed by all available programs
grouped by title. I have the same for TV listings with --type and
filename changed to match. You can then look through the list with a text
editor and select the required ones to download.
Note that you'll get a blank command window until the run completes as
the output is redirected to the text file.

> It seems that now on starting up GiP 2.93/94 it refreshes the t.v.
> cache by default. That takes an age. Hence the otherwise blank black
> window. This takes an age - it used to be quick.
>
> Then the initial GiP PVM screen is displayed. The t.v. box is
> already ticked.
>
> I then tick the Radio box and click on Refresh Cache.
>
> Then the dots appear for t.v. but there is no listing
>
> Then the dots appear for Radio after which there is a listing.
>
> I have a contact who uses GiP for Radio only. He doesn't want t.v.
> listings at all. He's overseas and t.v. is not relevant to him. How
> can he stop GiP downloading the t.v. list on start up?
>
> CJB.

Regards
       John