https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/protect-our-bbc

CJB chrisjbrady at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 06:14:47 PDT 2015

If we lose the BBC, we'll be left with the likes of Rupert Murdoch
controlling our news. The same media baron who's had countless
closed-doors meetings with David Cameron. [2] Unlike other parts of
the media, the BBC is fiercely independent - and that’s exactly why
the government is trying to dismantle it. [3]

The government thinks it can tear our BBC apart by stealth - slowly
slipping in cuts and changing the rules. But if hundreds of thousands
of us create a huge public outcry now, we can show David Cameron it'd
be a political disaster to destroy our BBC. Please share the campaign
today:

https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/protect-our-bbc

NOTES:

[1] ITV News: BBC licence fee could be replaced with a subscription:

Yahoo! news: BBC warning as John Whittingdale unveils Government paper
on future service:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/bbc-reform-options-set-government-015337496.html#Aoa3KwB

[2] Daily Mail: Revealed: David Cameron's four secret meetings with
Rupert Murdoch that he didn't disclose:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135379/Revealed-David-Camerons-secret-meetings-Rupert-Murdoch-didnt-disclose.html

[3] There's lots of evidence to suggest that the current government
isn't a fan of the BBC. During the election, Cameron reportedly
threatened to 'close it down'.

The Guardian: Nick Robinson: Cameron threatened to close down BBC on
election bus:
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jun/21/nick-robinson-cameron-threatened-close-down-bbc-election-bus

The Telegraph: Tories go to war with the BBC:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/11598450/Tories-go-to-war-with-the-BBC.html