Requests For Features

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 13:56:57 PDT 2015

On 23 July 2015 at 09:59, Jim web <web at audiomisc.co.uk> wrote:
> FWIW I tend to use this to 'snip' files
>
> ffmpeg -ss "hh:mm:ss" -i infile.<ext> -acodec copy -vcodec copy -t
> "hh:mm:ss" output.<ext>

You might occasionally find this gives strange effects at the start of
the new file.  If you switch the options round so -i infile appears
before -ss ".." then it stops this happening.  I think putting them
this way round makes sure it scans the input file from the start so
that the first frames of the output file are complete, whereas with
them the other way round it just jumps in at the start point which can
lead to strange artefacts.  Something like that anyway.

Colin