PVR not finding "web" programmes

Graham Cobb g+get_iplayer at cobb.uk.net
Sat Jul 18 10:21:03 PDT 2015

On 18/07/15 13:13, SquarePenguin wrote:
> On 18/07/2015 12:50, Graham Cobb wrote:
>> My question is, is there some option I can specify to get_iplayer to
>> search in the web-only programmes?  Or is this information no longer
>> available to get_iplayer?
>
> Check the latest release notes:

Thanks -- I thought I had seen something along those lines.

For anyone else who wants to download all the episodes (including web
ones), I have created a quick perl script to screen-scrape the pids.
The script can be found at:
https://github.com/GrahamCobb/get_iplayer/raw/master/gip_extended_search.

It is used as:

gip_extended_search <URL of episodes list page>

It outputs the pids and titles of all the programmes listed.  It would
typically be used in a command pipe like:

gip_extended_search http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b007r6vx |
 cut -f 1 |
 xargs -L 1 ./get_iplayer --pvr-queue --type tv --pid

To find the episodes list page, go to the iPlayer site, search for the
series (e.g. "T in the Park") and right click on the pink box saying
"NNN available episodes" to find its URL.

If anyone knows a better way than screen-scraping for either finding the
episodes list or for getting the PIDs from the list please let me know.
 This hack seems to have worked well enough for me to find all the
Glastonbury and T in the Park programmes -- that should keep me going
for my morning exercise music for a while!

Graham